Friday, October 17, 2008

Long time no blog

wooowww... it has been 2 months since I last blogged. Just completed this F&B term 2 weeks ago. Too lazy to edit the photos which is why it took me so long to update :p

Past 2 mths was v busy for school. 1st we had our class tests for F&B, then we had our mock up 1 & mock up 2 for restaurant training (RT), right after was our actual RT with 'guests' from office, chef instuctors who gave us evaluation on our service, restaurant design, etc. After RTs came the end of term written & practical exams. In between all these, we were involved in Forbes event (rich men gala dinner), Formula 1 nite race (i was in the Honda box at the paddock =)) & lastly, buffet training.

RT was a very good training for my creativity, perseverance & of cos service. I'm not a very creative person, but I drained my brain trying to 'create' a nice restaurant. Everybody elses had a theme but I couldn't think of any. Worst or all I fell sick during the actual RT due to late nites designing the menu & over stressed. So I just did a restaurant called Muxe (Muse), meaning source of inspiration. Overall creativity wasn't fantastic but I'm glad that it suits the fine dining feel that I was trying to create. We all played different roles in one another's RT: Restaurant manager (design restaurant theme), servers (as captain), bartenders (create a mocktail), executive chefs & stewards.

No comments: