Saturday, October 18, 2008

Here comes the food....

Lemon Passionfruit curd - I followed the recipe from straits time. Abit too sour but the taste isn't bad.
Tarts made with the lemon curd, mum did the crust. not bad for a start but many commented to sour lol.. will improvise.
1 fine day my mum decided to make sushi so by default I have to help. Brought her to NTUC finest in Bukit Timah Plaza cos CCK NTUC sucks. My mum ended up only cooking the rice & cutting the seaweed, I did the rest. Hmmm... I don't know how to roll properly yet, & the gunkan sizes were all different =( but taste was alright.
My 1st cake - Started with simple fruit cake 1st. I insisted to bake the sponge cake myself instead of mum helping cos I wanted it to be SOLELY my 1ST, lol.... It wasn't as easy as I imagined. I rarely try making pastry, I should start practicing now. Again, not bad for a start, sponge cake was nice & soft, fresh cream almost failed as I overwhipped the 1st round. My classmates liked it :) whereas my bro commented the cake being too um.... 'loose'.

No comments: