Thursday, May 8, 2008

My impromptu dinner - Fried udon w basil shrimps

Wasn't planning to have dinner at home tonight but was so tired walking in the street 'measuring the road' so I came back home. My mum's fridge is always stocked with meat, fish, shrimp, etc..(yah I know it's not so fresh) so it's convenient, esp when I'm famished :)

Fried Udon
1 pkt of udon
1/4 red pepper
1/4 green pepper
1 tsp pesto
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp stock
salt & pepper to taste

Heat garlic w oil in pan, add peppers & stir fry for abt 1min, add udon & fry for 1min, add stock and simmer until liquid dries up. Add salt & pepper to taste.

Basil Shrimps
Shrimps
olive oil
salt & pepper
white wine
basil leaves

Season shrimps w salt & pepper. Heat oil in pan, add shrimps & basil leaves. Add white wine shortly after. Cook shrimps until it's just done.

No comments: