Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dinner Party 10th May

I invited 3 May babies to my house for dinner. Along w my mum, my sis, bro-in-law, my sis's friend & me, it's a total of 8 pax. It was the 1st time I'm preparing a full course meal for more than 5 pax. I was quite stressed abt it & it was tiring....but I enjoyed it cos while doing all these, I learned something in the processes. I'm trying to keep track of the cost of the food too so as to aid me in menu planning.

Entrée
1)Tomato basil soup - tomatoes($3), basil($1), vege stock($4)
2)Bruschetta - baguette($1.3), pest0($3), toppings($0.6)
Main
1)Baked chicken w terragon - chicken($12), potatoes($1), tomatoes&onions($0.5), terragon&oregano($4), misc seasoning($1)
2)Salad (no pix) - avocados($3), olives($0.3), yellow plum tomatoes($4.10), honey tomatoes($2.5), walnuts($2.5), basil($2), mozzarella($1.5), dressing($0.3)
Dessert
1)Lemon sorbet - lemons($3.6), sugar($0.5)
Others
Pita bread ($4), Lychee martini ($9)

No comments: